If you asked most people what their first reaction was when they saw a Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven, they would say it was overwhelming. Its size plus its long list of features may overwhelm you at first, but a second look at it keenly would make you think otherwise. You might find that this is the best kitchen appliance you ever buy if you give it another chance. Why am I saying so? That is according to many reviews online of people who have used it. If you are planning on buying an oven, you may have to read this Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven review. It may help you to understand the oven better and make an informed decision on buying it.
Features of Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven
Three rack positions
This oven comes with three rack positions, each with its recommended food. The top most rack position is for broil function, followed by a bagel, toast, cookie and pizza function and then the lowest rack position for reheat, roast, bake and warm functions. The rack position matters a lot in ensuring your food cooks properly. The good thing with this feature is that there is a rack position guide on the glass door to guide you in knowing which function to use for which food. This makes it more user-friendly.
When the oven is opened, the rack is caused to come out as it is pulled by a magnetic system on the door. The rack can come out as much as you pull the door, which is impressive as other ovens only allow an inch or two of the rack to come out.
There is a ribbed plate at the top of the oven for warming, when the oven is in use. When cooking, this top heats up and so it can double as a plate warmer. This though requires you to be careful not to place anything that melts there.
- Can cook evenly and consistently without overcooking or hot spots.
- Just like a full-size oven, it can bake a cake nicely.
- It has settings for cooking different items such as pizza, cookies, and bagels, plus reheating, warming, roasting, and defrosting.
- Can double as a plate warmer.
- Programming is made simpler with the use of a control panel which is easy to use
- Shuts itself down when not in use.
- Customer support available plus outlets for replacement of worn out accessories.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- The top of the oven can get hot when being used.
- It occupies a big space, so if you don’t have a big counter space, this might not be the oven for your kitchen.